Thursday, March 5, 2009

Week In Review

Feb 26
Bunco For Babies
This is one of the baskets we give to the women in need at the baby showers. This particular basket went to a teenage mother who was raped, but chose to keep her baby. In a few days, her story and how she came into our lives will be posted on the Cypress Calling Blog.
At this particular night of Bunco, we had the theme loveys and sleepers. It was a great night and quite successful for CCM.
Feb 27
Kiera is an excellent helper and decided to help Mommy clean toilets. I let her clean her own.
That night, Kevin and I joined Tasha and Dustin for the Chili Cook-off. I think if I went again, I would go earlier to ensure I got good cook-off food and wasn't surrounded by drunk people. I did have a good time with friends and Kevin without the distraction of children.Feb 28
Kevin and Kiera build another vegetable garden!!!
I am so excited. I absolutely love to garden. I don't like the sweaty, dirty part of it, but I do like the feeling of being outside and growing something beautiful or delicious (or both!) from a little seed or plant. My other vegetable garden built last year doesn't have enough sun. It is quite difficult to move, so I had Kevin build another one. There will be a post soon about the garden. Oh and by the way, the fig tree lived!!! My prayers worked!

Mar 1
Onyx plays dress-up
Forcibly not willingly
Don't you like her tutu?

Mar 2
One of the perks of being a SAHM is having fun on a Monday!
As you read in my other post, our trip to the zoo was fabulous!
The fish and the giraffes were about the only thing Kiera paid any attention to. And maybe she didn't even care about them, she just like climbing on the structures near their exhibit.
Mar 3
First ripe strawberry of the season
It's a beauty!
The strawberries were one reason we didn't want to move the vegetable garden. I was afraid the strawberries wouldn't survive and they look beautiful!

Mar 4
Mama bedazzled!
Yep, I broke out with my bedazzler and went to town on a pair of overalls for Kiera for Rodeo Day! Wait until you see the post of her in them with her pink cowboy boots!
I shouldn't lie and tell you that I don't actually own the Bedazzler, I own the knock off--Gem Magic. Apparently I don't get the magic, because it is horrible and doesn't even bend all of the prongs on the sequins down. So I had to use scrapbooking embellishments on the legs or poor Kiera would have been all bloody. So, I guess these are one time overalls because they will not make it through the wash! I used adhesive to put on the cow print trim! Tee hee hee!

It was a good week!
Thanks for checking in!

2 comments:

Kim H. said...

The overalls are adorable! I can't wait to see the complete outfit!

Freckles Fotography said...

I glad you found something good out of the cook off lol.
Also I love the overalls..and the story behind them.. Cant wait to see you scrap that!