Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Magnificent Monday

Tasha and I picked an absolutely beautiful day to go to the Zoo. The weather was in the 60s and there were hardly any people. It was wonderful. Between the 2 of us, we took over 500 pictures. I picked my favorites and then left you with a slideshow!
How often do you get to see a giraffe this close?
Don't feed the animals, but feel free to feed your friends!

The sorta sad petting zoo.
There are only smelly goats.

At first Kiera was pumped about riding a zebra around the Carousel, but that quickly ended and she said midway through over and over, "I all done, I all done." So I held her for the remainder of the ride.


This is how Kiera spent the last hour of our fabulous trip.
Monkeying around

My favorite animal---the giraffe
Trying to pose a picture with the gang...
Silly Boo

This is more what our day was like:


Ok, this is just disturbing.
Hairless rats!!!
The top one had to be pregnant. Her whole body vibrated with her heart beat and her breathing seemed labored. Maybe she has a tumor or two!

The kiddos looking at the fish.


More monkeys hand in hand
The following two pictures were worth the price of admission. This monkey had an 8 week old attached to her. The zookeeper came to feed the monkeys so we got a close up. Tasha and I were amazed, the kids not so much!

See the baby face near her right leg. So cute!
To see all the pictures, take a peek here:


2 comments:

Kim H. said...

How fun - I laughed at the picture of "what your day was really like" too funny.

I blew up the mama monkey with the baby picture - and what I find interesting is the look on the mama's face. She looks bored or irritated... maybe it's postpartum depression?

Staci said...

yay you figured out the slide show. Awesome pics.