Monday, February 16, 2009

Coincidence?

On Friday night, Tasha and Dustin came over to have dinner and play some games. We were having a fabulous time watching the kids fight, but yet continue to play. We were talking about Valentine's Day, when Dustin said that the day before (Feb. 12th ) was the ninth anniversary of when he asked Tasha to marry him (lucky for him she said yes!). Well I started doing some math and guess what...

on that EXACT same day and EXACT same year was Kevin and my first date! WOW!

So I started thinking about other odd coincidences in my family.....

My sister, my step-dad, and me were all born on the 15th of the month. My step-dad in August, me in November, and my sister in December.

Kevin and I have owned two houses in two different states. Both of the house numbers are eerily similar:
Charlotte house: 9631
Houston house: 9623
Both houses numbers have 9, 6, and 3. The first house had a 1 and the second house has a 2.

Both our parents are the same age and both Kevin's father and my stepfather were born in August.

Now, ever since Kiera was born everyone has told us that Kiera resembles Kevin so much. Now that she has gotten older it is obvious that she not only looks like Kevin, but that she has a lot of his personality too. That is not where the coincidences end though. Now one of these things was planned, but it is simply amazing how much she is like Kevin.

*They have the same initials (planned)
*They were both born in the same hospital 30 yrs apart. (our OB serves this hospital, so that is why we chose it, not because Kevin was born there)
*My infertility surgeon's office was Kevin's mom's OB's office.
*Kevin's birthday is on 8/10 and Kiera was born at 8:10 pm.

I realize some things are coincidence, but all that with Kevin and Kiera, I think not!

1 comment:

Kim H. said...

Very cool... I love looking at things like that and seeing patterns.